Race Day Info & Schedule
Professional timing is provided by Lakeshore Athletic Services, with ChronoTrack timing at two splits and the finish line. Splits and final results will be available shortly after the race and online at this website.
Race participants may pick up their packets on Friday, May 19, 3 – 8 p.m., at Legends Running Shop, located in Angola Square, 1601 N. Wayne St., Angola, next to Rural King. On Race Day participants may begin to pick up their packets at 7 a.m. at the CCC Pavilion in Pokagon State Park. Body Marking begins Race Day, 7 a.m., at the CCC Pavilion.
General photos and coverage will be available following the race at www.kpcnews.com. Subject to photographer availability, race photos will be available to purchase for a modest fee online. Profits, if any, support NIE.
WHERE AND HOW TO PLACE THE TIMING CHIP
Click for instructions on how to place the timing chip.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
YOU MUST HAVE A PHOTO ID TO REGISTER. This is required by USAT. You must show your USAT membership card to receive the USAT member discount. If you do not have your card, you will be required to complete the one-day USAT membership form and pay the $15.00 fee, or you will not be permitted to race. Youth, age 15-17, must be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
6:30 a.m. Parking open/arrive
7:00 a.m. Transition & Packet-pick up Open
8:00 a.m. Volunteer meeting
8:00 a.m. Race-Day registration closes
8:15 a.m. Volunteer boats in place, start final swim course install
8:45 a.m. Packet pick-up closes for Triathlon
8:45 a.m. Triathlon Athlete race meeting with race official
8:50 a.m. To beach – swimmers separate for waves
9:00 a.m. OLYMPIC SWIM START (Waves may vary depending on the number of entrants. Final wave assignment wil be available at packet pick-up.)
9:15 a.m. SPRINT SWIM AND DUATHLON START (Waves may vary depending on the number of entrants. Final wave assignment will be available at packet pick-up.)
9:15 a.m. 5K Trail Run Packet-Pickup closes
9:40 a.m. 5k TRAIL RUN START
10:15 a.m Swim closes; remaining swimmers, if any, will be pulled and can continue to transition area; they may complete the race but will not be officially timed.
1:30 a.m. Bike-turn cut-off: If a biker has not reached turn-around, the bike will be turned where it is; athlete may continue to race but will not be officially timed.
12:00 p.m. Awards (estimate)
1:30 p.m. Race end – all athletes off course
2:00 p.m. Transition Area Closes
EVENT CANCELLATION / MODIFICATION POLICY / ALTERNATIVE RACE PLAN
If weather, water quality, natural disaster or community disaster or threat occurs, our action steps are as follows:
- The KPC Sprint Triathlon Race Committee in concert with local officials will make decisions based on safety first.
- Courses and/or race segments will be altered as agreed to between the Race Committee and local officials.
- The Alternative Race Plan when outdoor swim is not permitted is explained below.
- Financial: It is not financially feasible for KPC Sprint Triathlon to accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each registered participant needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS or free entries to future races. The money you paid is spent developing the event and payment of fees, supplies, road safety, etc.
- KPC PokagonTriathlon a community effort and fundraising event. The organizers do not save any money if the race is canceled for reasons beyond their control. Supplies and services needed for the events are purchased and/or arranged in advance. Race supplies and services associated with the race must be paid, regardless of the outcome.
ALTERNATIVE RACE PLAN
Rarely, a period of very cold weather or very heavy rainfall or other natural event can a require a change in the race plan. In the event the swim is cancelled, the triathlons will be conducted as a duathlons.